Monday, May 16, 2011

At last!

Hello!
So, I've been back from Scotland for a whole week and I'm just about over the jet-lag. :-) And now I feel up to writing about some of the amazing things I was able to do and see.
Let me start off by saying everyone should try and get to Scotland in their lifetime. It's such an amazing place. I am sold on it! :-) I am determined to find some Scottish ancestry in my family tree. Surely there is some! :-) Just a little? Please?
I love the whole 'flying' thing (except for airport security and hassle.) and even though the travel time was something like 19 hours, I still enjoyed every bit of it. (Not so much so on the way home, I confess. :-) It is weird traveling into the future, so to speak. Scotland is eight hours ahead of where I live. During the trip, we only had about three hours of night. We got into Scotland at noon and despite not sleeping for more than an hour (maybe two, but I think not.)during the trip (and not really sleeping the night before we left! :-) I was fine being awake. I didn't experience any jet-lag in Scotland, which was great. Who really wants to spend their vacation tired and bleary? NO ONE! :-)
I can't think of one favorite place in Scotland. There were so many special places we went to...
I'm just going to post a few of my favorite pictures. :-)





View of Edinburgh City from the Castle walls.




(From Left) Teresa, Katrina and I outside Holyrood Abby.

Holyrood Palace.

           (Legal drinking age in Scotland- 18;-) My first beer- a lager shandy. Very refreshing.

                                                         Aren't we fetchin'? :-)

                                                 Edinburgh Street- The Royal Mile.

                                       Holyrood Palace- the Queen's Gardens. Beautiful!
                                          Glencoe- Our only rainy day in Scotland!

I want to post more pictures but I'm still in the process of transferring the pictures from my sisters computer to mine. I don't have very many of the pictures on my 'puter yet.
I'll just sum up by saying Scotland is amazing. I love it.
I might post more pictures later...we'll see. But thanks for stopping by and for being patient while I got back to normal after my trip. Well...as normal as I get! :-)
God Bless,
Amy

I heard This Song while I was in Scotland and it reminds me of Scotland every time I listen to it. Um...the group is kind of geeky looking so I would suggest just listen...don't watch them live...ever! Seriously.

6 comments:

  1. Looks so cool! I am glad you were able to go, but I am even gladder (is that a word?) that you are back home safe and sound! :) haha. You ladies look smashing in your pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to discover my Scottish Ancestry. I'm sure there's some Scot in me!! :)

    Panda, by the way, you've got an award. Come on over and claim it. www.katrinadelallo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Amy! Though I don't know what it says for me that my faves were the picture of Glencoe in the rain, and the picture of your beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Molly.
    That just means you have very good taste! :-) Glencoe in the rain was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete