Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Song of the week/Happy things.

Today was a good sort of day. In fact, it was great! 

I had to take my midterm test for my recording class. Since the test was the day before Valentine's Day, and because there was no way in you-know-where that I could get off work early enough to take the test, the teacher very kindly scheduled a day for me to slip in and take it. He is awesome. 
So I went, with trembling hands and a stomach full of butterflies, to take the test and...and...Well golly look!

To be honest, the class isn't all that hard and the teacher is really good...so it's not all that impressive. But it made my day! 

I was able to get to the library, even if it was only for twenty minutes. I checked out some real thrillers.


Thanks to a particularly good episode of White Collar, (Identity Crisses--season 4, if you're wondering.) I have been really interested in ciphers and codes again. It's an on-again, off-again sort of hobby. I was pretty obsessed for a while when I was a kid. 
And again in ninth grade when I started researching the spies of the American Revolution. :) I think that's what really kindled the spark. You say, "Culper Spy Ring" and I go, "Yesssssss....Go on."

Which reminds me. This show had better be as awesome as I'm hoping it'll be. It's Jamie Bell AND the American Revolution! I'm in history heaven! Or I will be if it's done well.

Jamie Bell and the American Revolution! *Gaaaah!*

Filmmaking for dummies....that was a whim. 

I have the whole day off on Friday, so I'm planning on going to the library for a good chunk of the day. I need some fiction in my life. Anyone have some suggestions? I'm in the mood for anything, really. As long as it's gripping.

There are a few movies that I've been meaning to do reviews on and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Now You See Me has been added to the list. It was really good! I think it might have been even better the second time I watched it. So, yeah. Stayed tuned for some movie reviews in the near-ish future.


Song of the Week.

This song has been growing  on my for a while and I've finally decided that I quite love it.  Yes, I Won't Give Up, by Jason Mraz. I'm always that person that loves stuff way after it is the new best thing. I'm not sure why that is.

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well, there's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

I really love the original version of this song. But the first time I payed any real attention to it was with this video. I think Peter Hollens is a very talented fellow and I love his voice. So I decided to share his version instead.


Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

I don't know. I find the A Capella so amazingly talented. Plus, I just think he's fun to watch sing. He's so...earnest. Like he's singing straight to your soul. lol. 

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I've had this song stuck in my head all day! I think posting like this might have helped. At least now I know all the lyrics. 

God Bless~
Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment