Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Song of the week

Hello, Everyone:

Some days are just really long...

Some weeks are just really long...

And during those sorts of times I have some music that I refer to as my 'soul' music. It's the music that I connect to the most, that makes me feel like my very soul is touched by music.

There's one song in particular that I've been very into lately. It's in Italian (Okay fine. It's an Il Volo song...) and I listened to it while I read the English translation and I sort of fell in love with it.

I've sat her for the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to make columns so that I could have the English and Italian side by side...
Alas and alack, blogger doesn't have that feature. Or I'm just to dense to figure it out.

So you'll have to settle with just the English translation while you listen to the Italian. Capisce?

(Oh yeah, and the music video is kinda purdy. :)
I'm here
Look at me
Me with you, I feel that
There's no other way that isn't ours
It's a breath with no ending

I'll be there if you want
If you'll be in danger
I'll protect you
From the evil you'll witness
I'll be there for you

I'm here
Live me
Every day
Until the end

I am a rather hopeless romantic I think. These lyrics are such a perfect description of marriage to me. I love how this song is kind of a 'no matter what, we're going to get through it together' sort of thing. 



There's never another way
That is not ours
The emotion between us
Has no end

I'll be there if you want
If you'll be in danger
I'll protect you
From the evil you'll witness
I'll be there for you

To defend your mistakes
Don't let the world change you
No, I'll fight for you
No, I'll be there for you

I'm here, I'll be there

I'll be there if you want
You'll see it will be beautiful
I'll protect you
From the evil you'll witness
I'll be there for you
I'm here
Live me

So yeah. This song gives me all the feels. All dem. On my more emotional days, I may or may not get a bit teary. (Though I've been known to get teary over lots of things, including lame motivational quotes so... )

Was this post a bit sappy? Well yes, yes it was. But I don't care!

Let me know what you think. Love it? Hate it? Come on! Talk music with me!

God Bless,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment