Saturday, March 17, 2012

Oh, Glorious St. Patrick!

May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire

Happy St. Patrick's Day, all my lovely readers!
I love this feast day. St. Patrick was an amazing man and it's a shame that the world has, in its own annoying way, ruined his day. I simply can't stand all the cheesy, generic 'lepricons and pots of gold' stuff that has become St. Patrick's Day. *Sigh.*
Anyway, I don't want to go off on a long rant and ruin this post for all of you! That would be sad. Instead, here's a link to a really great site with the story of St. Patrick and explanations of why we associate things like the shamrock to St. Patrick. Go Here! It's always good to remember why we celebrate what we celebrate!
And speaking of celebrating, are you having corn beef and cabbage? Are there some lovely sweet things handy? I made some very, very nice peanut butter cookies. I was planning on shortbread cookies, but I am a sucker for peanut butter. :-) And I'm trying to think up some fun movie that would just be the perfect end to the day...(did you know that 'The Adventures of Tin Tin is now available on DVD?)

May the saint protect ye-
An' sorrow neglect ye,
An' bad luck to the one
That doesn't respect ye
t' all that belong to ye,
An long life t' yer honor-
That's the end of my song t' ye!

This song doesn't really have anything to do with St. Patrick's day...but it does deal with Ireland. So I am posting it! It's a really awesome song.
Ta-ta! God Bless.

 Amy

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Sounds like you had a great day. Hurrah for Tintin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah indeed. Man, that is such an awesome film!

    ReplyDelete