Monday, December 24, 2012

Tonight...

I had to come on a do a quick post to wish all my wonderful followers a Very Merry Christmas!
We've had a very impressive snow storm hit this last week...well, last three days, really. And I think we got three feet in that time.
It wasn't no-stop snow. It was more an hour here and there, and when it came down it meant business.
I took a step outside to shovel the walkway and I came in ladden with snow. :D I might have been outside a grand total of five minutes and...well, here. Take a look.

I have mixed emotions about snow. I love it. I love the way it looks and I really do love the storms that just let loose and blast everything they have down on us. But I wish there was a way I could have all that and not have to shovel. I am not a fan of shoveling. It's hard, tedious work. I guess you have to deal with the good and the bad in these things. It is beautiful.


Anyway, I didn't really mean to come on and tell you about the weather. *Giggle* I'll just leave it at we have the perfect weather for Christmas. *Smile.*

My sisters and I went out last night and caroled. We haven't done it in...years. But it was so fun! We're going to go out again, even if it's just for a little, and sing our hearts out. That's the good thing about big families: you have a home-made choir, quite literally. :)
Then, later on when the littlest members of the family have been tucked into bed, we're going to have mulled wine and read Christmas stories out loud to each other.
Have I mentioned how much I love Christmas? And Christmas Eve might just be the very best part of it all...

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed day tomorrow and I'll talk to you all again soon!


God Bless!
Amy

Oh, one more thing. This song is totally PERFECT for Christmas Eve. Please give it a listen, it's really lovely.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! New follower here, and I am very very very very very very jealous of all your wondrous snow. *humph* We don't get it much here in Glasgow, and when we do, it's in piddling amounts. A belated Merry Chrimble to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rose and a Merry Christmas to you too! :D I love new followers so, WELCOME!
    We do have lots of snow. I know we're sort of lucky to get snow like we do...but I do get tired of shoveling. But it is *so* beautiful, I guess it's worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete