Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Song of the Month

Hey there, Peoples!

I was listening to my music and it occurred to me that it's been ages since I've posted a song. I'm going to skip over the fact that it's sort of been ages since I've posted anything at all worth mentioning.

I bought Josh Groban's Stages CD way back at the beginning of May when it first came out. It was the day after my best friend's wedding and I bought it as my consolation prize and so I had something new to listen to on the eight hour drive home.


Anyway, it's a brilliant album, and it's impossible for me to pick a favorite track. He does my favorite-ever version of Bring Him Home from Les Miserables. He does a lovely version of Children will Listen from Into the Woods. He does Try to Remember from...I can't remember what that one's from. But it's gorgeous!
He does freakin' Empty Chairs at Empty Tables! *Heavy breathing*

Basically, the album is gold.

This is a song I'd never heard  before and for some reason which I really can't figure out, I love it. It's sad!


When I left I was leaving with a brother
Him and me, all we had was one and other
We were young, it was springtime
And our dreams of gold were grand
Oh, Kristina, gold can turn to sand


I mean, you can tell right there that this thing isn't going to have a happy ending! And it doesn't. It's sad. 

Go on! Hear for yourself.


Yeah, so you know...enjoy!

God Bless,
Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment