Friday, April 5, 2013

Easterness

In which I appoligize for my general lack of blogging and commenting and show you some pictures of my Easter.

Oh, please ignore the blaaaah-ness of my blog's look. It feels the need for a change, you see. I'm trying to convince it to go yellow, but it seems to like grey. I don't like the grey. We have been bickering about it. And it hates having the header centered....but I HAVE To HAVE IT CENTERED! *Sigh* My blog is having a mood and I'm just trying to make it behave. You know how it is. ;)

Anyway, on to some pictures!

So, on Good Friday I made some hot cross buns. They turned out very yummy. (Be warned, more than half of these pictures center around food and the dinner table. :)



Holy Saturday I went over to the Parent's house and we did the necessary cleaning, egg dying and baking. It was a really nice day. I always get insanely excited about Feast Days and was littleraly giddy with anticipation. I woke up at 6 am. On my Saturday. *Nods.* I proceeded to lay away and talk to my semi-conscious sister until she was ready to strangle me. *Grin*

I used my cookie press for the sugar cookies and my sisters had a blast decorating the little suckers.

I also made almond biscotti and they turned out bellisimo!



After all the littlies went off to bed, the elders of the family stayed up and did a bit more cleaning and I got to get the table looking all purdy. We all have a 'special' tea cup for Sundays and special days.




It was a little bit sad. I was going to wake up early and go down to the meadow that's close to our house and watch the sunrise. Because how cool would it be to see the sunrise on EASTER MORNING? I know, right! So awesome!
A few of my sisters we going to humor me and come along and I even had those travel mugs ready so we could bring coffee with us.

But God decided otherwise.

It rained. *Sniffe*

You can't really watch a sunrise when it's all wet and grey and drizzly outside.

But oh well. We had coffee and biscotti before anyone else woke up just to make ourselves feel better. ;) It worked.

Then we had a delicious breakfast.

After that we got ourselves all spruced up and went to church.

This is what I wore.
Complete with my 'North and South' hat. 



Mass was beautiful.


My sisters and I are essentially the choir at our Church and we were a little nervous because we'd learned a bunch of new music--a whole Mass, in fact--and we wanted it to sound good.

It did. :)

Treskie and I on the way home.

And Katrina. :)

Then there was the general business of happy hour, dinner preparations and visiting.

Oh, and Easter basket hunting.

We hide all the Easter baskets and do an egg hunt later on.

Yum.

Making place cards. :)




Dinner preparations.



Easter toast!

He has Risen!



Queen of Heaven, rejoice, alleluia. 
For He whom you did merit to bear, alleluia. 
Has risen, as he said, alleluia. 
Pray for us to God, alleluia.
Rejoice and be glad, O Virgin Mary, alleluia. 
For the Lord has truly risen, alleluia.

Did you all have a nice Easter? I hope I didn't scare you all away with all those food-y pictures. *Wink* I know how overwhelming it can be. ;)

That's all for now. God Bless!
Again, I'm sorry for my lack of commenting and blogging. But thank you all for your comments! <3

Cheers!
Amy


5 comments:

  1. Personally, I like the grey. But then, I was pleased by the rain on Easter. so maybe you do not want to pay any attention to my taste.

    The Easter pictures sure make everything look exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yummy!! Oh I love Biscotti. Our Easter celebration was like every day. Except we did go to church on Sunday, but on Monday we had a feast because it was my mom's day off and we wanted to celebrate together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter sounded like it went absolutely lovely!! Those hot cross buns looked delicious. We usually go to our friends house and make them at Easter time too. I loved your outfit you wore for Mass, especially the hat! Very Margaret-ish. ;) Yeah, I know what you mean about being nervous for singing for a big feast day. We have a pretty small choir, and we learned an entire Mass for this Easter as well (Palestrina's "Missa Brevis" to be exact:).

    Hope you are enjoying a happy and blessed Easter season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I changed my blog from grey to yellow. I think the grey was pretty...but not really me. The pictures do look good, eh?

    Hi Hilda! Well, it's no fun to feast without the family around.:) I hope your Easter was lovely anyway.
    *Pssst* The biscotti were really yummy. I might do a post with the recipe I used sometime soon. It was a winner!

    Ah, thank you Elizabeth!
    Easter was so nice....
    I love being a a part of the choir. It's so awesome. Singing is just the best, isn't it? Wow...Palestrina! That's pretty big! :P

    Happy Easter season to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Amy!! Ooh biscotti recipe? Oh PLEASE PLEASE.... Drool I might need a drool bucket, LOL! :P

    ReplyDelete