Friday, May 10, 2013

Avengers Assemble!

Last Sunday my family did an Avengers Party. Can you say, "pretty stinkin' awesome?" Cause it was.



It all started with cups. 

A few weeks ago, some of my sisters and I found ourselves at Walmart rooting around in a bin full of Avengers party cups. Well, obviously we had to buy some! Twenty, at least. 



Once you have party cups, you are almost obliged to have a party. Am I right?

Well, if I'm not, it was a wonderful excuse anyway!


It was so much fun! We dressed in Avenger's themed clothes, had some tasty snacks...and Shawarma after.



Yep. Shawarma. 

Let's go in order of awesomeness, shall we?

The Captain America cake.

I sweet-talked my sister into spending a good 45 minutes decorating this cake! It's not very easy frosting colors like that. She's assured me she will never do it again, but I don't really believer her. I'm sorting hoping to have her do it again for my Birthday in September. *Smirk* 

It turned out really brilliantly.

The Hulk Dip.
Which was quite harmless guacamole. We should have called it 'Hulk Smash.'

Thor Hammers
I love pineapple.

And the Iron Man Salsa!
Because it just seemed so right!

I somehow completely forgot to take picture of the shawarma, but it was very tasty. :)


This here is Thor...with a tinfoil helmet. No comment please. It will help keep the aliens at bay. Trust me. *Wink*

And Captain America!
Note the shield. :D

It's days like these when I wonder what exactly our neighbors thing of us. 




After dinner and clean-up, we had our cake and watched the Avengers. Because that was how the evening had to end.


It was one of the most relaxing parties ever! 

I'm not sure when it was exactly that I turned into this geeky-nerdy person, but my life has become much more interesting since it did! 

Superheroes are the best! 

God Bless.
Amy

7 comments:

  1. I don't know what your neighbors think, but I think your family is awesome! :D And it all started with some party cups...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noted the shield. Rather an impressive picture, that.

    The neighbors are jealous :-)

    (HA... if you want a Captain American cake for you birthday, you can spend 45 mins frosting it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, that cake looked amazing. Wow. That cake was pinterest-worthy.
    Secondly, I want to see the other costumes!! (And neighbours are overrated, anyway. I think ours agreed to our insanity about the time I started playing Bb minor scales in the late afternoon.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks Natasha!

    I know, Marhi, Tiny took that picture. It is pretty impressive. ;)

    Mime, that cake *was* amazing. And delicious. Pintrest worthy? Wow! My sister will be pleased to hear that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was Loki of Asgard and I was burdened with glorious purpose. Namely eating the Hulk Dip. :D

    We must do that again. And get pictures of the costumes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your sisters are just so cool! You are some of the geekest people I know. And if your neighbors get too worried you can always have Hulk Smash! (Couldn't resist.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wish I was involved in there right with you all! Looks like a blast you nuts! Perhaps we should try something like that soon.! Hey, Do you have any of those clue solving mystery games anymore?? Fun Fun Just keep heaping Maria with complements about her cake! You'll get one for your B-day! Maria is WONDERFUL! Gina

    ReplyDelete