Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Randomness

Hello,Peoples!

Today's post is going to be pointless and random I fear.

I bought myself something silly. Something fabulously silly. 

Say it with me: Gun Ice Tray

I was a bit hesitant because I didn't think they'd  come out of the tray in one piece. 


But look! They totally do!

So silly and yet so fabulous!


HAPPY TUESDAY!!

Tuesdays are my day off, so they are therefore quite awesome. I love Tuesdays. 

This has been a busy sort of week for me with a lot of uneventful life-y stuff. Like work.

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like my job. I get to make beautiful things, like this:

But  jobs do get in the way of crafts and cooking and reading and music. *sniffles*

I did have a wonderful jaunt to Barns and Noble with Treskie and Kat this weekend. Bookstores restore my sanity. 



Yesterday on my way home from work I had to stop and get some pictures of the lake. It looked like a fairy tale! The Happy kind not involving wolves, witches, curses or death.



My family is in the midst of a Lord of the Rings marathon. *flails arms wildly*

We watched the first two Friday and Saturday night. Due to illness and vomiting, we had to postpone the third one till Wednesday. 

But it's been wonderful! (Not the illness and vomiting part. The movies.) We haven't watched them in...golly...four years?!

The two youngest sisters have never seen them before which makes it extra special. And one of our friends had only ever seen snippets here and there. So she is also seeing them for the first time. She is becoming one of US! The ring: It's taken a hold of her! *grins gleefully* Happy to report she seems a tiny bit obsessed now. Our work here is done. I can't wait to see her reaction the The Return of the King! 



Due to watching (and re-reading) LotR, I am in a full on "Daughter of Kings/Shield Maiden of Rohan" mood. Complete with wild hair and battle lust. 

 OUT OF MY WAY,PEASANTS!

 Regarding my new blog name. I'm still mulling over some ideas. I like Hit and Miss and I like Below the Surface.
But I'm an indecisive sort and change makes me nervous.

I'm off now. I've got a million and one things to do today and I need to get crackin' if I hope to get half of it done today.

So I'll leave you with this.



God Bless!
Amy

3 comments:

  1. I miss you all!!

    I hope you all are better soon and can finish LOTR. And.....oh yes, BOOK STORES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds faaaabulous!!! Wish I were there. :-) Except the sickness part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOK AT THOSE GUNS!!! AND THOSE FLOWERS!!!! AND YES, BOOKS ARE KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LORD OF THE RINGS WAS SO EPIC AND SAD AND PAINFUL

    ReplyDelete