Monday, November 5, 2012

Random Things

Strange things happen to me when I do research for a story. I must first mention that I really love research and I often sort of hide in it. Kinda like, "I'm not ready to start writing...there is so much about internet hacking that I don't know!" Or, "I don't care how many people in history apparently used lemon juice as invisible ink, that stuff doesn't work! Please, Mr. Google, give me more options so that I can make that part more believable."

Anyway, not only do I love research, I can get totally sidetracked with it. Literally, I will start by looking up boxing terms so my 'fight scene' will read better and end up watching boxing tutorials on youtube...which moves you right into crazy martial arts stunts....*sigh*


I wont say what I was researching, but I discovered "Adult Obstacle Courses." And I WANT one.
So Much.

It's like going to the park...but for older people. Believe it or not, there are all sorts of different tips and tutorials on how to make a custom obstacle course in your back yard. I sooo hope on day I have like, five acres of land and I can dedicate an acre or so to this.
How cool would that be?

I want it to be something like this.
                                                                   

AIR ASSAULT!

Only, I would like mine to be a touch more private and a little bit less intimidating. And as long as I'm dreaming, I'd really love for it to have a small rock climbing wall. *Nods* Thank you very much. :) That will be all.

God Bless!
Amy



9 comments:

  1. AIR ASSAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that writing problem... so true. For that matter, the stuff you currently have checked out of the library might not be so good either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Treskie....it's cool. :)

    Marhi, how do you know what I have check out? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't want someone standing there yelling at you to stop staring and do it? Yeah, I want an obstacle course too. SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Kit, I'd prefer NOT to have a drill sergeant yelling at me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that course looks like fun! I want to try it.

    I love to research too and run into the same problems you do. One thing leads to another and before you know it you are miles from where you started. But that is half the fun.

    How is your count now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want one!!! an obstacle course would be sooooooooo AWESOME! **Does flashy summersalts down through the air** An obstacle course for five please
    God Bless
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Authors are actually some of the nicest people you can meet, so I've been told. And I know the ones I emailed were nice, and loved it when I said I liked their books. (Philip Reeve even sent a few emails in reply and we talked about the pictures in his book. I was giddy for weeks.)

    "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but I have a blog, so follow me maybe?" I can't believe I just wrote that. That song haunts me...and now I am repeating it.

    10,000 is a good word count. And I think that NaNo counter has panic attacks too often. It doesn't know we write a different amount every day. It isn't like we just write a 100 words every day. You can make it, I have confidence in you! (I think that is another song...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bella, you're gonna have to get in line! LOL. I have dibs on the obstacle course. :)

    Jack, I know! I actually really sort of hate that song, but once it gets stuck in my head its *there*!

    ReplyDelete