Monday, January 31, 2011

Picture!

My own drawing on display...eek! I've been a bit hesitant about posting my pictures. But the time has come for me to step out of my shell! I will confess that I am not totally thrilled with the way this particular picture turned out. The girl's shoulders are too small...and there are a few other things about it that that I don't like...but if you don't see them I certainly wont point them out! LOL.
Drawing people has always been something of an Achiles' heel for me (so post a person very first! :-) but it's also what I've been working on the most lately. I was going for a 'gibson-y girl' look...I really can't decide if it's what I got across or not! Ah well.


So, speaking of art, there are a few books I would totally recommend. One that I am using all the time these days is called "Figure it Out!-a beginner's guide to drawing people" by Chris Hart. It's amazing! Unlike most people drawing books, this one keeps mostly to simple shapes and doesn't get all detailed on the body. :-) It's a really good book for those of us that find most art books a bit...uncomfortable.

Another great book is, "Cartoon Animation" by Preston Blair. It's a nice, step-by-step drawing guide, dealing mostly with animals. It has a nice section on people too, but it's mostly good for learning how to draw cuddly little animals. :-)
At some point I want to post some 'cudley' little animals. Cuddly, cuddly, cuddly!
God Bless.
Amy

4 comments:

  1. "Figure It Out" is a great art book, indeed.

    I think that's a lovely picture, Panda. Don't point out all the defects! Let people just enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its darling, love! I don't care if the shoulders are too small! I LOVE the hair! And her expression. and - - don't laugh - - her ear! :) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, don't be so modest, she's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe...thanks everybody!
    Emmy, I'm glad you love her ear! LOL.
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete