Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day two of The Challenge

Song
2.) Your Least Favorite Song.

John Lennon's Imagine. Hands down.

There are a handful of songs that I really don't like, but this song is probably my most disliked song.

I sort of hate it. And it's not even the sound that bothers me, because just music-wise it's not bad at all.
It's the lyrics. I can not stand the lyrics to Imagine. If you stop and think about it, they're really creepy, shallow, nasty lyrics. *Nods*

I mean:

Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try.
No hell below us,
Above us only sky.

*Shudders*

Imagine there's no countries.
It isn't hard to do.
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too.

*Double shudders*

I don't think people ever stop to think what, 'nothing to live or die for' means. How sad life would be if we didn't love things in our life enough to be willing to fight or die for them. What sort of person wouldn't be willing to fight for their family? Or who wouldn't want to be brave enough to die for their Faith or their country or someone they love? What sort of person doesn't have anything to fight or die for?
Yep. Imagine creeps me out lyric-wise. I hate this song. And it comes on the radio at work so often! (Hence me knowing the lyrics so well. lol)

Tim Hawkins did the only acceptable version of Imagine (Bless him!) Now when I'm at work at least I can think of his version and snicker a little bit.

                                                

Picture.
2.) What you wore:

Not the best picture and not the best outfit, but you know what? I don't care! *Grin* I'm looking forward to the more interesting picture prompts. Something that doesn't feature me, you know? Where I don't have to put the camera on a timer and try to get into position on time...

And that's it! Now I go. Goodbye! *Waves*

God Bless,
Amy

6 comments:

  1. I've not heard this song before, and having read this post, I don't intend to ever hear it, if I can help it. I agree with you, people don't stop to think about what those words really mean.

    Cool picture!! I like your pose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine there's... no traffic.
    No construction zones.
    No driving slow in the fast lane,
    while talking on cell phones.

    Imagine all the peo-plllllllle...
    Driving
    Like they
    Had
    a
    Braaaaiiiin....

    Oh oooOooooOOooohh....

    And I like that picture. It's a cute picture. I like your style of clothing for today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To pick up where Kat left off:

    Imagine kids not whining.
    No screaming fits or thqueals.
    When they don't get the toy they want.
    In their happy meals...

    Imagine all the parents!
    Buuurnning down
    Chucky Cheeeese...
    Ah-aaaaaa-aaaahahaaa.

    lol. I HATE that song. It's DREADFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of that song but the lyrics are horrible!!! Spooky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lololol :) "Would stick to acting and singing...... WITH NO POLICTICAL VIEWS!!!" that sure lightens up the mood.

    Oh my goodness, is that what the lyrics really are? I knew the song was terrible but I didn't know he really talked about no life or death like that. How horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You people that have never heard 'Imagine'. yes, you're lucky. It's a real downer of a song. :)

    Tim Hawkins is so funny! Thank you, Peskie and Kat, for typing all Tim's lyrics out like that. I was hoping someone would take the initiative and do that! lol.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete