Monday, October 14, 2013

One day at a time.

I'm only human, I'm just a woman 
Help me believe in what I could be 
And all that I am 
Show me the stairway I have to climb 
Lord for my sake, help me to take 
One day at a time

Song
14.) A song no one would expect you to love.

I don't even know how to explain this song. I got it from a friend a few years back and it's not really the sort of song I listen to.

Ever.

It's sort of brassy and ...different for me. I let one of my friends listen to it and she couldn't believe I actually listen to it, let alone liked it.

It helped me through a rough patch, though, and it's special to me.
I really appreciate the lyrics. :)

One day at a time sweet Jesus 
That's all I'm askin' of you 
Just give me the strength 
To do every day what I have to do 
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus 
And tomorrow may never be mine 
Lord, help me today, show me the way
One day at a time


It's the sort of thing I tell myself most days. I'm the "I just need to get through today and I'll be fine," sort of person. And it's a good thing to remember. Don't borrow the troubles of tomorrow, ya know? There are enough of those for today and that's all we need to worry about.

Do you remember when you walked among men 
Well Jesus you know 
If you're lookin' below, it's worse now than then 
Cheatin' and stealin,' violence ad crime 
So for my sake, teach me to take 
One day at a time. 

One day at a time sweet Jesus 
That's all I'm askin' of you 
Just give me the strength 
To do every day what I have to do 
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus 
And tomorrow may never be mine 
Lord, help me today, show me the way 
One day at a time


This is the first version I ever heard --as I said before, it's brassy and not my usual style. So keep that in mind before you press play. 



This version is a lot more my style and I actually like it better. Her voice is prettier.




Picture.
14.) Eyes.

Now you lucky-ducks get a close up of my eyeball. So now I can literally 'eyeball' you! *Grin*

And look at all those freckles! 

I feel a little bit bad about not doing a 'normal' blog post in such a long time, but I'll try and work on something soon. 

Anyway. Goodnight, everyone. 

God Bless!
Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment