Thursday, October 10, 2013

Trip down memory lane

What ho, what ho, what ho!  I have no idea how to start this post other than this rambling stuff I'm doing right now. I'm sorry about that. I am flat out of ways to make my beginning paragraph interesting. Heaven only knows what I'll think up to say tomorrow! But you guys are the best. Sitting there and patiently reading this. *Hugs* Don't stop. Keep reading.

Song.
10.) A song that makes you fall asleep.

I don't really have music that makes me fall asleep. :) But if I want to listen to something soothing and peaceful, I usually play something from Libera, a boys choir. It's pretty hard to beat little boys when it comes to crystal-clear voices.
Take a listen.



I don't know... I just think they sing some of the most beautiful music ever. I am jealous of their every-so-clear voices. Especially on those rather soaring high notes. *Sigh* Gorgeous. 

Picture.
10.) Childhood memory.

It's strange trying to take a picture of a memory. 

My childhood in a nutshell. My doll and the Redwall books. 

When I was six years old, my mom made me a cloth doll for Christmas--my Isabella doll. I doubt she ever thought it would become my favorite toy. I really doubt she knew how much work she was going to have to put into that doll to keep it together for me over the years. I did everything with Isabella. Wherever I went, she went. No one else was allowed to play with her and I wouldn't go to sleep without her. I'm sure it was a pain in the neck for my family sometimes. But Isabella was pretty much my best friend for years.
Unfortunately, sometime after I turned twelve, she got lost. I don't know how that could have happened, but we never found her. I was pretty crushed about that for ages.

A couple years later, my mom recreated the doll for me as another Christmas gift. That doll I have named Christine and she sits on a shelf where she wont get lost.
She's rather special too--Made with love.

I wont even go into the whole Redwall thing right now, other than saying I sort of lived in Mossflower for most of my childhood years. I was hopelessly devoted to all the characters Brian Jacques created and I credit those books for my love of reading.

Okay. Quite enough of memory lane I think. 

Now it's tea time and I'm going.

Good night. God Bless! And I'll talk to you all later.
Amy~

No comments:

Post a Comment