Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The End.

This is it! The last post for the 30 day challenge. I am so glad.
Okay, to be honest, it definitely had fun days. I think I'm happy I did it. But I doubt I'll be doing this sort of challenge  again. Or not for a very long time. Not until I forget how hard this challenge was and am back to thinking, "Oh 30 days isn't that long. I can do that no problem!"

So here I go for the last time.

Song.
A song you loved this time last year.

I believe around this time last year I was on my first Mumford and Sons kick. I really love Not with Haste which is the song they wrote for the Pixar movie, Brave. They had a girl sing it for the movie, but they did a version of it on their album and it's one of my favorites.

Your eyes they tie me down so hard
I'll never learn to put up a guard
So keep my love, my candle bright
Learn me hard, oh learn me right

Mumford and Sons write some sort of strange lyrics and use imagery that is really different. But I like that about them. I like the way they put things in ways I would never have thought of.--At least, I find a lot of their music rather different lyric-wise. I don't know. Maybe it's just me.
 
And we will be who we are
And they'll heal our scars
Sadness will be far away

So as we walked through fields of green
Was the fairest sun I'd ever seen
And I was broke, I was on my knees
And you said yes as I said please
 
Anyway. Here you go. Not with Haste.
 

 
 
Picture.
30.) Self Portrait.
 
This one is pretty accurate. Me in the kitchen baking. I love to be in the kitchen. Especially when the weather gets cold and I can enjoy the heat of the oven.
 
Erm...Don't mind the way I'm eyeballing the camera. It's nothing personal. *Hehe*
 
Alright. That it! Someone get out a drum and let's have some celebration!
 
Thank you all for being so nice about this whole long thing. You are all the best and you can help yourself to a slice of Apple Banana bread that I just pulled fresh from the oven. I have no idea how it tastes yet. I've never used that recipe before. But it looks fantastic.

.............................
 
You definitely want a piece now, right?
 
Well, I'll see you around.
 
God Bless~
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Love the pic --- and I DO want a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking at that camera like, "Come on, TAKE IT ALREADY!"

    That's an awesome song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me awhile to answer your comment because I lost it, but I remembered it when I saw Rodgers again so I went hunting for it and I found it. (Cheers for my amazing hunter skills.)

    Aw yes, The Show and its mixed feelings. I was ready to drop it during season four, but then it got better in season six...(I think it was six,) And I loved season seven, then in season eight they had to go and break my heart again. Cold, heartless writers.

    Oh, oh oh!!!! If it would work out I would like nothing better than to go and see Captain America with you! It would make my life so, so much better!!!! *Grin* (I've been extra giddy lately at the thought of getting to see all of you. Everyone at work thinks I'm insane but it just makes me so happy!!!!)

    And never fear, I love your half asleep comments 8-D

    ReplyDelete